A technophile lawyer rediscovers the joys of pen and paper

Thursday, February 17, 2011

What have you found at a thrift store? I found a new home for my wax and seals

I've been trying to find a good place to keep my wax sticks and seals. Something fireproof, preferably, so I wouldn't have to worry about putting a wax stick in the receptacle too soon after putting it out.

So, the Booker clan hit the thrift store after church a few weekends ago, and I ran across the perfect thing:

Wax seal storage box

A new home for my wax and seals

My wife's the one who usually makes the good garage sale and thrift store finds, so I was quite pleased to spot this for $2.

I'm not sure what it's made of. From the patina on the outside and the shine on the inside of the lid, I'm guessing brass, but I've never seen brass hammered this thin. The seashell ornamentation is a bonus, since we live near the beach.

This is the first thing I've looked for at a thrift store or garage sale to indulge my pen and paper habit. I wonder what I might find in the future.

If you've made a great garage sale or thrift store find for your pen and paper habit, tell us about it in the comments!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't know you collected seals too! Doesn't look like there would be enough room for even one of those guys? Duh Dad

    ReplyDelete